This TAEP Bull Purchase Reimbursement Tool is provided as a public service by the Department of Animal Science and the Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP). The TAEP Bull Purchase Reimbursement Tool is an online aid to help in determining a bull’s qualification and potential reimbursement amount in the Tennessee Ag Enhancement Program. The online tool is intended to be used as a guide to provide information based solely on data entered by the user. The TAEP Bull Purchase Reimbursement Tool is provided without any guarantees of acceptance.
Refer to 2020 – 2021 TAEP Beef EPD and Accuracy Requirements for all program requirements.
If documentation provided by seller includes blanks for EPDs or accuracies or includes any interim EPDs, pedigree estimates, pedigree index (x.I. I+, P, P+ P+ or 0.05 Accuracy), or parental averages, please contact TDA representative Ryan Betzelberger, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is new for 2020-2021
- Please refer to the Links section, including TAEP 2020-21 Beef EPD & Accuracy Requirements – by breed, as substantial updates have been applied to the 3-Tier Bull Type system, in order to allow greater flexibility for producers.
- Bulls are required to meet or exceed EPD and Accuracy requirements in each of 2 EPD groups (Calving Ease & Growth) for one of the following three bull types (Balanced, Calving Ease, or Terminal).
- Suggested Maternal selection may be applied through an optimal Milk EPD range, which could help producers to match maintenance requirements of replacement females with available feed resources.
Disclaimer of Liability
In preparation of the TAEP Bull Purchase Reimbursement Tool, every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct, and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors in information may occur. The information included in this TAEP Bull Purchase Reimbursement Tool was compiled by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture.
*** Pedigree must be submitted with reimbursement request and include EPDs, accuracies, genomic verification (if applicable), and have a printed date between October 1, 2020 and the date of purchase. ***
Calving Ease Group
Suggested Milk EPD Range
Cost-share up to maximum of $0.00
** Reimbursements will be based on maximum allowed by TDA depending on genomic testing, sale price, and current Master Beef Producer Certificate. Please see “Examples of the TAEP Beef Genetics Program Cost Share” link below for more details. **
The results of the TAEP Bull Qualification Calculator does not guarantee reimbursement for the purchase of a bull through the Tennessee Agriculture Enhancement Program.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact TDA representative, Ryan Betzelberger, email@example.com
** If printing from Firefox: Do NOT use the “Print Results” button. Instead, select Print from the web browser’s menu and scale to 80%. **
What Am I Looking For?
To use the calculator, first select the bull breed and whether the bull was genomic tested. Breeder and breed association websites will have documentation if the bull has Genomic Enhanced EPDs.
Next enter the EPD and accuracy numbers of your bull. By using the above example, the first line is the EPD number and the second line is the accuracy number you use to enter in the calculator boxes. Milk does not require an accuracy input.
CED/CE/CE Direct = Calving Ease
BW = Birth Weight
WW = Weaning Weight
YW = Yearling Weight
After you have completed entering your information, click the “Check Eligibility” box. You are required to acknowledge that you have read the liability statement before your results are displayed.
- Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program
- 2020 – 2021 TAEP Beef EPD and Accuracy Requirements
- TDA Beef Livestock Resources
- Examples of the TAEP Beef Genetics Program Cost Share
- Master Beef Producer Program
- Beef and Forage Center
- Beef Quality Assurance Program (BQA)
- Bull Testing Program
- Heifer Development Program
- The Value of TAEP Beef Genetics Program to the Beef Industry
- Guidelines for Selecting Good Feet and Structure
- The difference in Accuracy (ACC), Percentile Ranking (%) and Genomic Scores of EPD’s
TAEP Hotline: 800-342-8206
Genetics Coordinator: Ryan Betzelberger