The University of Tennessee, Department of Animal Science in Knoxville, TN invites applications for a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor.
Earned doctoral degree in Animal Science or a closely related field with a focus on beef cattle reproductive management at the time of employment at the University of Tennessee. Individual must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, have or be willing to develop a passion for animal science-related Extension and research in agriculture, have a record of scholarly publications in Extension factsheets and peer-reviewed journals, and demonstrated potential for success in obtaining extramural grant and contract funding to support efforts. Ability to develop and deliver effective educational curricula for beef cattle producers and county staff. Self-motivation with the ability to achieve measurable results. Positive interpersonal skills with the capability and willingness to work independently as well as part of a team. Ability and willingness to meet demanding travel requirements. Experience serving diverse audiences. All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a long-term basis.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- 12-month, tenure-track position with 100% Extension responsibilities in Beef Cattle Reproductive Management
- Independently and collaboratively work with other faculty, UT Extension agents, and key partners to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate practical, science-based educational programs for beef cattle reproductive management that will benefit the Tennessee beef cattle industry (Ex: UT Bull Test Station, Tennessee Beef Heifer Development Center, Tennessee Master Beef Producer, and Beef Quality Assurance)
- Provide continuing education to county UT Extension agricultural agents
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with key partners in the Tennessee beef industry
- Independently or collaboratively conduct applied, demonstration-based research projects
- Apply for and receive extramural funding (grants, contracts, gifts and fees) to support extension programming and applied research that results in scholarly, peer reviewed publications (Extension publications, abstracts and journal articles)
- Assist with the department’s youth livestock programs
- Provide timely and accurate information in response to public requests
- Establish and/or maintain cooperative efforts with Extension specialists at other institutions; both regionally and nationally
- Participate in institutional service activities as directed by the Animal Science Department (Ex: committee service and student recruitment)
Location: Middle Tennessee Research and Education Center, Spring Hill, TN
Read more about the position and apply at: https://apply.interfolio.com/105493
Review of applications may begin on May 30, 2022 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Applicants should apply online, via Interfolio. Please direct questions to: Dr. Katie Mason (Search Committee Chair) Drs. Lew Strickland and Jennie Ivey (Search Committee Co-Chairs) Department of Animal Science The University of Tennessee 2506 River Dr., Knoxville, TN 37996-4574, Phone: 865-974-7282.