Possession/Ownership Deadline: February 12, 2022
- To be eligible for the 2022 Knoxville Spring Junior Cattle Expo and State Beef Expo, all market steers must attend one of the below regional tagging days.
Specific times will be provided at a later date.
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 – morning/afternoon
- Cumberland County Fairgrounds, 34 Music Road, Crossville, TN 38571
- Sunday, February 6, 2022 – afternoon
- Williamson County Ag Expo Park, 4215 Long Lane, Franklin, TN 37064
- Friday, February 11, 2022 – evening
- Brehm Animal Science Arena, 2506 River Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 – morning/afternoon
- First Farmers Coop, 16219 TN-22, Lexington, TN 38351
Tagging Day Procedures
- 840-RFID tag applied
- Tattoo applied (if necessary)
- DNA hair sample collected
Tagging day weight will be used as the starting weight to calculate average daily gain of the market steers for the performance class using the weight at the show as the final weight.
This tagging day requirement only applies to market steers. Registered Heifers, Commercial Heifers, Prospect Steers (steers weighing less than 900 pounds at the show) and Dairy Feeder Steers will have the same deadline as 2021.
- Knoxville Spring Junior Cattle Expo – March 15
- State Beef Expo – May 1
NEW for 2022 – Breed shows will be offered at Beef Expo for any breed with at least 6 market steers from 3 different exhibitors. This does not include Prospect classes. To be eligible, market steers must be registered in the name of the youth exhibitor and a copy of the registration paper brought to the regional tagging day. All steers without registration papers at the regional tagging day are eligible for the Crossbred Division.